Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm Not Perfect

You know when a song gets stuck in your head and you just can't get it out?  Well apparently this happens to kids as well.  The little guy has been wandering around the house, and everywhere else, singing, "I'm not perfect, no I'm not."  If you didn't know what he was singing, you may think there's some messed up stuff going on at our house.  But in reality, he's singing a great song by the Laurie Berkner Band and if the little guy were to sing the whole song, folks may think we have a pretty cool home with just the right attitude. 

The song's message is just as important for the little ones as it is for us big ones.  In fact, it's such a great song I think I'll share the lyrics with you:

I'm Not Perfect by Laurie Berkner

I'm not perfect, no I'm not
I'm not perfect, but I've got what I've got
I do my very best, I do my very best
I do my very best each day
But I'm not perfect
And I hope you like me that way

We're not perfect…

You're not perfect, not you're not
You're not perfect, but you've got what you've got
You do your very best, you do your very best
You do your very best each day
But you're not perfect

And you know

I love you that way

No comments: