Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin

Today marks day one of twelve.  It is the twisted marathon that I like to call spring break

We kicked it off in style yesterday with soy ice cream and water color painting after school. 

This morning we cuddled in bed a little longer than usual and then headed out for some sandal and short shopping.

By 12:30 p.m. my children were hysterical and showing off their screaming voices and their ability to physically intimidate one another (my favorite being I'm going to smash you and dash you which comes with a karate kick for extra effect).  I kept my cool until I didn't. The kids threats of physical violence were becoming more than just threats.  That's when I showed off my screaming voice.  And that's when they managed to talk it out over bagels (so mature, my kids).

The little people didn't sleep well last night.  Spring fever or hay fever...not sure which.  After a prolonged lunch (the babe now eats as much as a grown man), I got them upstairs in pajamas.  There was no way I was going to deal with their nuttiness all day without an attempt at napping.  An hour later, after three separate trips up the stairs, I made it downstairs to safety.

And once that kitchen was all cleaned up, I went a bit nutty myself and made a "mocha" with my fancy dancy coffee maker and sat on down at my ancient desk top so I could type out a quick hello.  Now I am ready for a screw driver.

As always, I miss you.  I miss my writing.  But I am, as always, just trying to keep my head above water.  Hope that if you, like me, are not a fan of spring break, that you make it through the next chunk of time in one piece.  Spring break sure ain't what is used to be. 

No comments: