Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Time

I'm wondering how all the Mommy bloggers out there have time to write? I was so excited to start my blog, and had a billion wonderful ideas about what I could write about. I'm now wondering when all these ideas will make it into written format?

When I have a free second, the last thing on my "to do" list is write. Not that it's not important, but compared to the other items on the list (brushing teeth, combing hair and putting back in pony tail, going pee, eating something other than a granola bar, doing laundry and trying to get poo stains out my daughter's clothes, etc., etc.), it just can't compete. I never know how long she will nap for. It could be 5 minutes, it could be 2 hours. This makes sitting down and actually writing difficult to execute. Perhaps I should try harder? When I do get a free second, sometimes it's nice to do nothing as well!

I also have to share that I FINALLY finished a book. I was sick with a cold last week, which really sucked, but it did give me the chance to read a lot in bed when my daughter slept. It's the first book I've read in 6 months (sad but true). Up until now, I've only read magazines and newspapers (barely). I have trouble keeping up with Time magazine, let alone all the parenting information that seems to make its way into our home. The book, "Wiped! Life With a Pint-Sized Dictator" by Rebecca Eckler is, of course, about baby stuff. I really enjoyed its frankness and related to a lot of what she went through (at least up until 6 months as that's as far as I've gotten). I was rather jealous of her 2 months in Maui post-partum and full time nanny. I wonder how I would have felt if I'd had that kind of support?

Right now I need to run and make dinner. But I had to vent about not having time to write. I honestly do spend a lot of time thinking about what I actually want to write about.

No comments: