Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sister and Brother

I managed to get both kids down for an afternoon nap at the same time the other day. The little guy didn't last more than an hour and after hearing some stirring on the monitor, I went up to check on him. I glanced into the babe's room and noticed she wasn't in her bed. My heart stopped. Even though I logically knew that the doors to the house were locked and she had to be up there somewhere. I scanned my room and didn't see her. I quickly popped my head into the little guy's dark room and did not see her. I then checked out her room again and the bed was still empty...as was her tent (a favorite hiding place). My heart was pumping quickly at this point while the logical part of my brain was trying to keep things under control.

I went back into the little guy's room and there I found her crouching on the floor next to the little guy's crib playing with him. It was ridiculously cute and I had to break down and give her a huge hug. It scared the you know what out of me, but it also made me melt a little. These 2 are going to have their own relationship independent of me, and that is a cool thing. They really do get along most of the time and can light each other up in such a beautiful way. They are brother and sister and nothing can take that away.

I suppose I'm not always going to be in control of everything in their little worlds and will have to get used to that. And I suppose I'll be confronted with many more similar situations in the future. I'm glad they have each other, just as I am blessed to have my brother and sister. It's good to have a partner in crime, isn't it?

No comments: