Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eat Your Peas, Please

I would just like to brag about the fact that I got both my kids to eat peas.

On Sunday morning I whipped up some muffins and smoothies before I ran off to brunch with a friend.

I was out of bananas so was trying to compensate for that in the smoothie planning process.

Guess what I did?  That's right.  I decided to throw in some frozen peas to thicken the smoothie up a bit.  The crazy thing is...they both liked it!  HA HA HA!

In the end, the concoction included:
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • mango
  • peas
  • soy milk
  • orange juice
Even my husband liked it.  Now that's saying something.  In fact, he said it was better than my "normal" smoothies.

I really want to explore more of this whole "sneaking" veggies in thing.  It is a common struggle for most Mamas, and I think there's something to be said for secretly getting them the nutrients they need.  What they don't know won't hurt them.  That said, I will keep putting real veggies in front of them so they slowly understand that I'm not giving up.

Feel free to share any sneaky tricks you have!

1 comment:

Mamabeing said...

that's an awesome idea! We have smoothies every day, I never thought of putting veggies in them! Boodge loves fruit and eats lots of that....but veggies, nah. Thanks!