Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Time

So, my husband's hockey team, the Montreal Canadiens, just defied all the odds and beat the Washington Capitals in the first round of the playoffs. For the past 3 games, I have been expecting them to be eliminated and to return to a world without constant hockey. It's not that I'm not a fan of hockey, it's that my husband is so nervous during these games that he's no fun to be around. It's easier for everyone if I just clear out.

As such, I have been taking advantage of these games. This past week I've been out for dinner with a friend and to a movie by myself. Dinner was fantastic (I even got there early and drank some wine and read the paper in peace and quiet). Going to a movie was awesome, even though I was alone at a movie called "Date Night." I had forgotten how all encompassing the theater experience is as compared to my living room. Escapism should never be underrated.

Another escapist thing we've picked up lately is the show "Parenthood." We've been watching it since the series started a few weeks back, and have really been enjoying it. I have to admit it makes me cry almost every time. And I'm not a big crier. They really seem to get a lot of the whole parenting thing. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.

No comments: