Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting Paid

Hello friends.  It's been a while.

As usual, I have a lot to say and no time to write it.  I am the Queen of distraction these days.  And I must admit, I've been going on short walks around my neighborhood at night before bed instead of sitting in front of the computer.  I feel like the walking has been helping more than the writing can right now.  The big move is 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'm slowly getting closer to being ready.  And I can honestly say I am ready to be ready!

Anyway, something happened today that I needed to share.

We were driving to school this morning and the babe was talking about school versus work.  I always tell her how lucky she is to be going to school to learn and play with her friends.  This morning she said she'd rather be going to work because at work they pay you and then you can buy things.  I wasn't sure whether to be horrified or impressed.  I suppose I'm both.  She's not even 4 and she's already worked out the basics of our consumption oriented society.  I keep telling her she should enjoy going to school and being young because things get a lot harder when you get older. 

I think it may be true what they say, youth is wasted on the young!

No comments: