Friday, September 3, 2010

Satisfaction

I am not getting a lot of satisfaction these days.  I am a tad overwhelmed but don't want to drag you down in my muck.  Like I said the other day, these are all good problems to have.

Anyway....

I do all the laundry in the house (surprise, surprise).  We have one central basket and everyone's dirty clothes get thrown in there every day.  The basket is usually empty for about 10 seconds before someone is throwing another item in it.

What I wanted to tell you about is the feeling of satisfaction I have when I have completed and folded a load of laundry.  It is such an awesome sense of accomplishment.  As a Stay at Home Mom, I suppose my perception of "accomplishment" has changed from my working days.

I am almost sad to put away the basket of folded clothes because the evidence of my job well done is gone.  How sad is that?

Anyway, here's a shot of my latest "accomplishment."


2 comments:

Mamabeing said...

you go girl! way to put a positive spin on it. I can't stand the way laundry just keeps coming in. It's the folding and putting away that really gets to me. I'll have to try to look at it with an eye to the positive. Which reminds me...bit folded basket full sitting in the laundry room ready to put away right now....ugh.

BlessedMomof2 said...

I know how you feel!! I usually think it's pretty sad too that I get excited when the laundry is "caught up" and actually put away instead of sitting folded in a basket.