Thursday, October 28, 2010

Putting It Together, Part Deux

A few weeks ago, the little guy took another monumental step on the path to verbal independence; he put together 3 words: "Duck, Duck, Goose."

I did not push him to say this, he chose these words to be his first 3 words put together all on his own.  Although I will admit his sister was going through a phase where she kept wanting us to play the game.

The little guy and I have been reading Silly Little Goose! (by Nancy Tafuri) at night, and although it is not about the game of "duck, duck, goose," it does have a goose and some ducks.  He now points at it and says "duck, duck, GOOSE."

Regardless, I am one proud Mama.  I never thought those words could sound so sweet. 

So, here's to duck, duck, goose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good reason to be proud mama!! Congrats on the big move!

Lynn