Friday, June 10, 2011

My Feet

OUCH!!!!

When you have kids, no one warns you how many times a day your feet are going to get trampled, run over, or stepped on in warmer weather.  This morning my son dropped something on my friend's foot and I told her I had been meaning to write a small post about the constant foot damage Mothers experience at the hands of their youngsters.  She wisely pointed out that the thing that makes it so hard to deal with, is that it always takes you by surprise.  You can try and protect yourself, but they are still going to get you.

That pretty manicure you managed to arrange? It may not even last an hour once you've returned home.  There's just nothing we can do about it other than wear full coverage foot wear all day long.  And when it's 102 degrees outside, that ain't happening.

I will give the kids a bit of a break and admit that it's not always their fault.  Yesterday I managed to knock a fork off our kitchen counter and have it land, spokes down, on my foot.  One spoke actually managed to break the skin and leave me with a red and bruised dot.

Anyway, just had to get that out of my system.  Happy weekend to everyone!

No comments: