Thursday, January 17, 2008

What We're Reading

The babe generally likes to eat books, but she'll sometimes let me actually read them to her. It's very cute. She picks them up and walks them over to me. I'll start reading one and she'll go get the next one before I'm on the third page of the first one. There are the rare times I can get through a whole book.

These are some of our favorites right now:
  • My Little People Busy Town by Fisher Price
  • Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton
  • Hush Little Baby (the folk song) with pictures by Marla Frazee (I get to sing this one)
  • Clifford's Noisy Day by Norman Bridwell
  • Farm Animals written by Louise Sladen and illustrated by Luana Rinaldo (very fun book)
  • The Eensy-Weensy Spider by Mary Ann Hoberman & Nadine Bernard Westcott (I always thought it was the "itsy bitsy spider"...but whatever)
  • Olivia Counts by Ian Falconer
  • Let's Count on the Farm (Lift and Look) by Fisher Price

Eventually she'll stop chewing on and swallowing the books, but for now, we have to be careful with her reading/eating material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my oh my. That sounds like it wasn't the most pleasant time. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better, as are you. And she's got great taste in books. I love the itsy bitsy spinder.

gimmiegot