Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh Those Nights

Well, I'm still super wiped out. We've done 3 nights with no feedings after the 11:30 pm meal. We've been making it until after 5 am, but it hasn't always been pretty. Last night was the least pretty with much too much crying and waking. I am going to use my super swaddler tonight, not allow a late afternoon nap (5:30 pm was a tad late for his last nap) and avoid my 5 pm (which was actually a 5:45 pm) tea break. Fingers crossed it will go better tonight. So much for quick fixes. Guess you can't learn to sleep in only 7 days after all.

Mother's Day, however, was lovely. I slept until 10 am, had some coffee and chocolate croissant on the porch with a book, enjoyed a 2 pm massage, and a BBQ celebration with my little family. It was a lovely day, and I'm grateful to my family for supporting my leisure. Now if only we could arrange for more than 1 Mother's Day a year??

No comments: