Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

This is a shout out to my loving husband. By yesterday I was a complete mess. I was so exhausted I had just given up and accepted that I may not sleep more than a few hours at a time for the foreseeable future.

Our doc apt. on Thursday did not give me any answers other than I shouldn't start sleep training right after the little guy had just had 4 immunization shots. The doc said we need to do what "we feel comfortable with." I must admit to you that part of the little guy's excessively frequent waking is that I have not swaddled him for the past 3 1/2 nights. I have decided that he needs to get used to being free, despite the fact he scratches the hell out of his head.

Back to my loving husband. So last night he said that I could sleep in and he'd watch the kids in the morning. The little guy was up every 2 1/2 hours to eat, which was better than the previous night where he'd only been clocking 1 hour stretches of sleep. At 7am, the babe was in our room wanting to hang out. Hubby took our daughter downstairs and I continued to doze for about half an hour until the little guy woke up wanting to eat. I fed him, changed his insanely full diaper, and tried to get him to go back to sleep. It didn't work so I brought him downstairs and dumped him in my husband's lap. I climbed back upstairs to try and get some more shut eye.

At 11:48am I woke up and realized I had probably slept over 3 1/2 hours straight! AMAZING! Talk about feeling like a million bucks. The little babe even downed a 3 oz bottle of hypoallergenic formula while I was in sleepy time land.

I must say I am a much nicer person today. Our family is having a lovely day, despite the fact the sky is gray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Christine! Gotta take it whenever you can get it!! Isn't it amazing how much more you can tolerate when you aren't exhausted! Kudos for your hubby!

Lynn