I have been experimenting with making granola bars lately as the babe can't eat store bought ones because of her food allergies. I have always been a fan of the granola bar and thought it would be a nice addition to her lunch box.
½ cup chocolate chips (non-dairy kind)
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir together granola and whole wheat flour. Pour brown sugar mixture over granola mixture. Stir until granola mixture is well coated.
- Add egg, applesauce and banana. Stir well.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir well again.
- Press mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.