Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Grooming Post

I finally finished my bulk sized mint shampoo and conditioner. Thank heavens. I have moved onto a thick and delicious coconut shampoo and conditioner. I am now in tropical vacation paradise when I occasionally have the chance to wash my hair. I do have to complain that my hair has ridiculous bumps in it that I did not have before I gave birth to the little guy. Since he has come along, I've got these strange ski hill jumps that are close to my hair part. There is also a bunch of growing out fuzz like hair at the top that complicates matters. Anyone have any helpful thoughts on this predicament (it can not involve spending much time doing "things" to my hair)?

I have also been kicking myself to floss every night. I broke down and made a dentist appointment for myself last week. I have until the 19th of February to make it look like I've been flossing daily for the past few years. My last 2 dentist appointments were when I was pregnant with the babe and when I was pregnant with the little guy. I suppose I can look forward to some dental X-Ray fun as well. I'm sure the little guy is going to love being strapped into his stroller for the whole experience!

Moving along, I managed to get the little guy's nails cut today as I was putting him to sleep. It is apparently the only time when I can get near him with nail clippers. I am now responsible for 30 fingernails and 30 toe nails. I have to say that my nails are the ones that get neglected. When it gets bad I just hack them off with clippers and dream of a mani/pedi.

I am also just about to lose it with this whole winter dryness thing. I have 3 humidifiers running upstairs at night but still feel dry and static like. I did so much house work yesterday my hands were splitting open and bleeding in numerous locations as I ate my late dinner. It is just not pretty. There is not enough moisturizer in the world to keep my skin all soft and glowing right now. There is also not enough moisturizer to stop all the increasing number of lines on my face from appearing. I think I'm aging quite rapidly these days.

I will leave you on that note. Thanks for checking in!

No comments: