Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Soy Down Low

Sorry to keep you hanging.

Things are looking good on the soy milk front for the little guy.

On Friday I gave him 10ml in a syringe. After 5 minutes, no reaction. 10 minutes, no reaction. 15 minutes, no reaction. You see where I'm going with this.

So every day I've given him a little dose and have been watching him like a hawk. I think he's going to be OK with this and after the 7 day mark, I will start giving him soy milk in larger doses.

The allergist hasn't been much of a help on this and I am beginning to think the whole allergy medicine field is a quack science. I just don't understand how a skin test and a blood test can come back completely negative but the actual food/beverage can cause an allergic reaction.

I suppose it's a lesson learnt and I will continue to be hyper vigilant about what goes into my kids mouths. This has become our way of life. But at least I've been through it once before.

No comments: