Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just Another Day at the Office

This morning I spent a lot of time trying to determine if it was an official snow day at the babe's school. After using all my technology (the TV, computer and phone), I confirmed that school was indeed on for the day. Sweet. I had been quite concerned that I was going to be on my own with both of them all day.

I got all 3 of us clothed, fed and washed up. As I was getting our bags, jackets, hats, mittens and foot wear assembled at the door, I heard a bang and the babe cry out in genuine pain (which is very different from her "fake" pain cry). She had been messing around the little guys high chair (like I had just told her not to) and had managed to slip and bash her mouth on our dining room table. I ran over to find her wailing and holding her mouth. The little guy sat in his high chair stunned. I had the babe open her mouth...no blood, but 2 chipped teeth on the top front. Funny thing is, she managed to chip the other side of the tooth she had chipped falling on a coffee table about 1.5 years ago. I called the dentist and they managed to set us up with an appointment for 1pm.

My excitement over the fact that it wasn't an official snow day was gone as I knew I was going to have to pick the babe up early from school, screw up the little guys precious nap and have both of them unrested and kooky for the whole afternoon.

Now that I've made it through the very long day, I am counting my blessings. The dentist confirmed that things looked OK in the babe's mouth. Dr. D shaved down the babe's vampire looking front tooth and told me to watch out for any colour changes in the tooth or gum. I'm also supposed to watch out for any movement of the tooth itself.

When accidents happen, it's good to try and keep it in perspective. Hopefully the babe has learnt that hanging off tables and playing around the high chair is not such a hot idea. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.

No comments: