Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sleep, Please?

As you may recall, we did a big bed switcheroo about 2 weeks ago.  I am writing to tell you that things have not gotten any better with the little guy and I am exhausted.  I am starting to live in a constant state of fog, am dropping things and generally becoming crankier and less coordinated.  This is mostly due to the fact that our son is getting up many times each night crying and wandering into our room saying he's scared. 

I don't know what it was about the crib, but apparently he really felt safe in there.  Something about taking the bars down has unsettled him and I need to figure out how to make this situation better--for all of us.

I am tempted to re-build the crib and park it back in his room, but I think that may be sending the wrong message.  What we need to do is convince him that he is safe and sound in his toddler bed in his very snuggly room.

We've got the nightlight, the sound of the waves, and the aquarium with music at the end of his bed.  He's always got all his pacifiers which has become a necessary part of bedtime for him.  I read books.  I sing lullabies.  I kiss his sweet forehead and tell him to "fait nice do do" (something my French Canadian Grandmother used to say to us).  What else is there for us to do?

Any ideas you may have are more than welcome.  How do we get the little guy to go back to his healthy naps and restful evening slumber??

No comments: