Monday, January 24, 2011

Love It

I am happy to report that our new sports class is awesome.  The little guy loves it.  I love it.  It's all good.

The coach is great with kids and I can tell my son is slowly going to learn how to listen a bit better in a group environment.  It's true he was running laps around the gym while other kids were sitting relatively quietly and learning how to throw a football, but he was having fun and participating (in his own way).

Another cool thing is that I am not the only Mom in the class.  In fact, there's a huge group of Moms.  There's so many Moms that I'm not going to get the chance to speak with them all over the course of the class.

So maybe I just had to whine a bit for the good things to come our way.  Or maybe I just had to drop out of art and join the game.  Either way, Mondays are looking up (even though there are reports that today is the most depressing day of the year).

1 comment:

Anju in TO said...

Hi Christine, Just caught up with your blog, and congratulations on making your big decision for next year! I've been agonizing with a similar decision - our little one turns 3 in July, and there is no #2 in sight yet, so I've thought I should go back to work, but the thought of leaving her all day as well just didn't do much for me. I've been agonizing over what to do for so many months, and just recently decided to stay at home with her for one more year. Good for all us all around. But it's a hard, hard decision to make when you are not clear either way. I do think they benefit seeing us when they are so young....and hey, I can also relate to the sea of nannies. I often find myself in a group of nannies - at the park, museum, gym class, drop-in, etc, as I toodle around TO with my munchkin. It can get a bit depressing, and lonely, at times.....