Sunday, May 16, 2010

In The Ground

Today was the day.

I got over my fear and went to the gardening store where I bought 3 tomato plants, 2 cucumber plants, and a red pepper and purple pepper plant.  I also got some yummy organic top soil.

The babe and I then had a hard core gardening session.  We worked the soil (for the third time), ripped out left over weeds, and then dug holes and planted the little veggie plants.  After about 2 hours of non-stop gardening related action, we stood back and basked in our glory.  Seven plants in the ground.  How cool is that?  I'll post pics for you soon.

I have never had a vegetable garden and neither has the babe.  It is a first for both of us and I'm so excited we get to do this together.  I will be thrilled if we actually get some real food out of all this!  If anything, it brought us closer together (even if it was only for a few hours) and created a bonding bubble of gardening bliss.

Needless to say, my back is aching and I'm wiped.  Time for a hot shower and some delicious sleep.  I'd like to think it is well deserved!

1 comment:

Mamabeing said...

We're doing it too and it's so cool! Ardan had lettuce right out of the garden patch, and it was the first time he ate greens so willingly. Then suddenly, yesterday and today he's all over the salad at dinner, even going "mmmmm,lettuce!" over and over. I'm stoked that I may actually be able to start getting some veggies into his little body. Good luck! I'm sure it will grow.