Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, folks!  I hope it was a good one.  I must admit I am feeling internal pressure to write a thoughtful entry to mark this special day.

It has been 3 years since I first wrote about Mother's Day  (my first ever blog post in 2007).

Then there was my second Mother's Day post.

And last year I celebrated my third Mother's Day.

To tell you the truth, I am just too tired to write an entry that will do this Mother's Day justice.  It was a great weekend and I am super grateful for my 2 yummy kids and my sweet husband.  One of my favorite parts of the day was drinking champagne and having a dance party with the kids (they were drinking soy milk) to our new Zydeco CD from the library.  Throw in a little chips and guacamole and we definitely had our own little celebration going on.

My daughter made me the most beautiful pin and I am going to take a picture of it and post it for you all to see.  It is stunning and I am so proud of her emerging artistic talent.  I'm also blown away by her ability to write and spell (her card was super sweet).  Time is flying and my babies are growing up too fast.

Thanks you to all the Moms in my life who have made this journey so unbelievable and bearable.  And thanks to my own Mom who created such a special family and is the glue that holds us together.  Much love to you all, Mamas.

No comments: