Thursday, July 8, 2010

18 Months

The little guy had his 18 month doctors appointment/check up today.  I am pleased to announce that it went very well and I have a healthy and thriving son.

He is:
  • 26 pounds (50-75th percentile)
  • 35 inches (95th percentile)
  • with a head circumference of 18.5 inches (50th percentile)
While I was concerned about his language development (or lack thereof), my mind was put at rest after my conversation with the pediatrician.  Boys develop slower than girls.  The little guy has a high level of comprehension and will respond when spoken too.  He is a very physical boy, which may partly explain why his verbal skills haven't exploded like his physical development.  He also has a sister who speaks all the time, which could also play a role.

Regardless, I will sleep well tonight.  And once again, I count my blessings.

No comments: