Monday, July 12, 2010

Lawyers

I had another (short) conversation with the babe's new teacher today.  She asked me if I know what my daughter wants to be when she grows up.  I replied that I thought she wanted to be an astronaut (she keeps talking about going up in a rocket).  The teacher shook her head and told me that today the babe announced she wants to be a lawyer.  Yikes.  I laughed and did a fake shudder.  Why would a 3.5 year old want to be a lawyer and where is she learning about this stuff?  No doubt, she'd be an awesome lawyer.

I told my husband the story and he asked the babe if she knows what a lawyer does.  She replied that lawyers are people who tell you what you can and cannot do.  It's amazing how smart kids are these days.

2 comments:

The Essence of India said...

I love it. The old soul wants to be a lawyer, Maybe a supreme court justice?

Kimberly said...

Wow that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!