Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

My darling son is 1.5 today.  Despite all the chaos this week, I just wanted to mark this special occasion.  I cannot believe my baby boy is so old. 

Last week the kids and I went to a music class in our former neighborhood.  We visited one of our old parks before class and it brought back so many memories.  The babe and I used to frequent this park when she was the little guy's age.  It was one of our special places.  And now another few years have gone by and there I was was, bringing 2 babies to the park instead of just 1.

The thing that hit me the most was that this was the park the babe and I went to at 6:30 am the day I found out I was pregnant with the little guy.  It was a weekend morning, and it was my husband's sleep in day.  The babe woke up early that day so I took advantage of the situation and took an early morning pregnancy test. When it came up that I was pregnant, I just didn't know what to think, or do.  So I packed the babe up and off we went to the park.

The emotions of that morning came back to me last week as I stood in the park with my children.  A stranger complimented them saying they were both beautiful.  And indeed they are.  Sometimes a trip down memory lane can help you remember that you are where you always wanted to be.

No comments: